" The dynamics of posture"
It's the first of three movement workshops within the Myofascial Foundation.
Who is this course for
This workshop is a good place to start, if you:
- do not have previous experience in movement and want to find out if it is right for you
- want to understand how gravity can help you move more easily with less discomfort in everyday life
- use your body as a singer, musician, dancer or actor and want to stand and move with greater ease
- do sports such as free climbing, martial arts or yoga and want to learn how working with gravity can improve your performance
- teach a movement discipline such as Feldenkrais, Gyrotonic, Pilates, yoga, weight training or gymnastics, and want to deepen your understanding of movement in gravity
- are thinking about a career in Rolfing – as this workshop helps prepare you for the next level of training
You’ll learn about
- exploring how we live and move in gravity
- posture as a dynamic process
- how standing upright requires interaction between muscles, coordination and perception