"The dynamics of walking"
It's the third of three movement workshops within the Myofascial Foundation.
Who is this course for
This workshop is a good place to start, if you:
- want to deepen your existing movement skills
- want to understand how gravity can help you move more easily with less discomfort in everyday life
- use your body as a singer, musician, dancer or actor and want to stand and move with greater ease
- do sports such as free climbing, martial arts or yoga and want to learn how working with gravity can improve your performance
- teach a movement discipline such as Feldenkrais, Gyrotonic, Pilates, yoga, weight training or gymnastics, and want to deepen your understanding of movement in gravity
- are thinking about a career in Rolfing – as this workshop helps prepare you for the next level of training
You’ll learn about
- the dynamics of walking
- how all parts of your body work together to create stability and mobility
- contralateral walking (moving the opposite arm and leg) and how it promotes balance and lift in the body